- About Us
- Technology Support Services
Technology Support Services
Technology Support Services provides a mix of support and services for the VCU community primarily through the work of six teams:
- Campus Card Services is in the unique position to directly support every person at VCU and VCU Health with the VCUCard identification card. Campus Card Services also supports the campus dining and retail operations, pay-for-print, and the door access system for VCU.
- Desktop Services provides hands-on computing and technical services support for administrative and academic departments at VCU. The team works within the customer environment per defined service level agreements allowing them to be closely aligned with customer needs. Services covered include purchasing assistance, configuration, deployment and troubleshooting.
- IT Support Center provides computing support, online training and consultation services for students, faculty, and staff on both the Monroe Park and MCV campuses via a the IT Support Center walk up counters and the 24/7 call center. Training support is provided via one-to-one consultation and the LyndaCampus online training service.
- IT Service Management Office is leading the adoption of the ITIL® framework for VCU Technology Services (VCU TS). This team coordinates planning and implementation for processes based on the ITIL® framework across VCU TS with the goal to improve service consistency and reliability.
- Strategic Communications works with all of VCU Technology Services (VCU TS) to promote consistent communications and timely service offerings to the VCU community.
- Technology Innovation provides technical planning, testing, and support for many groups within VCU Technology Services as well as departmental IT groups around VCU. Bringing new tools and workflows to these teams assist them to better support their customers.