The VCU Technology Services helpIT Center provides quick, courteous and comprehensive computing support on VCU's Monroe Park and MCV campuses. Self-service support is available online and live phone support is available 24 hours a day and walk-in support available during posted hours.
VCU helpIT Center Walk-up Counter Relocation
Due to construction in Cabell Library, the VCU helpIT Center has been relocated to room 142 in the Student Commons until Tuesday, August 12th, 2014. On this date, the VCU helpIT Center walk up counter will be shut down between 2pm-5pm to relocate back into Cabell Library room B-30 (our normal basement location). Phone operations will not be affected during this time.
The temporary located across from the VCU Career Center just inside the Main Street entrance of the Student Commons. Summer hours of operation are:
Monday – Thursday 7:30 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
Friday 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday Closed
All walk up requests for assistance will be handled at this location until August 12th, 2014. Audio/visual equipment checkout as well as test scanning for the Monroe Park campus will be available at this location. All fixIT requests for computer repairs will be processed at the fixIT counter located in the RamTech Computer Store at 930 West Grace Street. Online, email and telephone requests for technology assistance will not be affected by this move.
- VCU PhishingNet Site Lists Known Email Scams
- VCU SafeNet Wireless Network Authentication Change (7/11/14)
- [UPDATE] VCU helpIT Center Walk-up Counter Relocated
- Network Maintenance Scheduled For Saturday Morning (8/2/14)
- SAN Maintenance Scheduled (8/1/2014 -8/2/2014)
- Echo360 Lecture Capture System Upgrade Scheduled For Wednesday Morning (7/30/14)
Suggested reading for Get help
Contact the helpIT center
|Online:||Access online support|
Student Commons, Room 142
907 Floyd Ave.
Richmond, VA 23298
Get help online
Live chat hours:
Monday-Friday, 9 am to 4pm
Issues requiring verification, like password resets, must be handled over the phone at (804) 828-2227 or in person at one of our locations.
- Current system status See the operating status of all systems
- Planned system changes View upcoming changes
- Google apps status Check the status of myVCUmail Google apps
- getIT Purchase a university approved computer
- fixIT On-campus computer repair center
- Surveys & Feedback Give us feedback and read previous survey results