The VCU Technology Services helpIT Center provides quick, courteous, and comprehensive computing support on VCU's Monroe Park and MCV campuses. Live phone support and walk-in support is available during our working hours posted on the right-hand side of this page. Limited phone support provided by a third party call center is available after hours, weekends, and holidays.
Please contact the VCU helpIT Center (804-828-2227, helpIT@vcu.edu) with any questions.
The VCU helpIT Center has expanded their local on campus support hours! This means we will be running our call center later into the night and on weekends, and our walk up hours in Cabell library are expanding as well! Our new local hours of operations for our call center and Cabell walk up location are as follows:
Monday - Thursday: 7:30am - 11pm
Friday: 7:30am - 7pm
Saturday: 10am - 7pm
Sunday: 10am - 10pm
Please note that our Sanger Hall office hours have not changed at this time. Also remember that limited phone support provided by a third party call center is available after our normal hours of business on nights, weekends, and holidays.
In addition to computing support, we also provide the following services for faculty and staff:
- VCU PhishingNet Site Lists Known Email Scams
- RamsVPN Service Disruptions (8/24/15)
- [UPDATE 8/26/15] Center For High Performance Computing Server Power Issue (8/23/15)
- RamsVPN Update (5/15/15)
- Protect Your Identity & Information In 2015!
- Banner HR, Financial Aid and Student Patch Upgrades For Friday (08/28/15)
Suggested reading for Get help
Contact the helpIT center
|Online:||Access online support|
|Address:||VCU helpIT Center
Cabell Library, Room B-30
901 Park Ave.
Richmond, VA 23298
Get help online
Live chat hours:
Monday-Friday, 9am to 4pm EST (chat is unavailable during holiday closures)
You must sign into Service Desk with your eID and password to start a chat session. Login issues, like password resets, must be handled over the phone at (804) 828-2227 or in person at one of our locations.
- Current system status See the operating status of all systems
- Planned system changes View upcoming changes
- Google apps status Check the status of myVCUmail Google apps
- RAMTech Purchase a university approved computer
- fixIT On-campus computer repair center
- Surveys & Feedback Give us feedback and read previous survey results