AV Equipment Checkout
Audiovisual equipment is available for checkout and reservation through the VCU IT Support Center on both the Monroe Park and MCV campuses. Students on the Monroe Park campus can check out equipment at the Innovative Media Center.
Make a reservation in person at Cabell Library Room B-30 or VMI Building Room 311, over the phone at 804-828-2227, or by emailing us at email@example.com. You will need to provide your eID and a VCU ID at the time of reservation and at equipment pick up. You must be present in order for the equipment to be released; no one else may pick up equipment on your behalf.
- The VCU IT Support Center equipment checkout service is primarily for VCU faculty and staff. Students on the Monroe Park campus may not check out or reserve equipment through us and can be referred to Innovative Media.
- A valid VCU ID card is required at pickup to have equipment released to you.
- All equipment should be thoroughly inspected for damage and/or missing parts and accessories at checkout.
- Check the inventory for maximum reservation time limits for each item.
- When checking out equipment, pay close attention to the return time. The return time is recorded in the computer inventory system and appears on the receipt you are given when the equipment is released to you. It is your responsibility to know when your equipment is due and to return it on time.
- Never lend your equipment to anyone else.
- Equipment may only be renewed once. You might not be able to renew an item if it is already reserved for another individual or is in high demand. Please make requests for renewal at least 8 hours prior to your return time or your request may be denied.
- Overdue equipment will not be renewed.
- Equipment is expected to be returned in the same condition it was in when it was checked out. All equipment should be returned in its case and with all accessories in neat and proper order; all cables should be coiled and tied.
- You are responsible for the equipment you have checked out until it is returned. If a piece of equipment is lost, stolen, or returned damaged, broken, or with missing parts, your department will be held financially liable.
- If equipment is overdue, you will be required to return it before you can reserve or check out anything else. After 3 late returns in a one year period, you will lose equipment loan privileges for up to one semester.
- Returning equipment late causes a great inconvenience to other faculty or staff who may have this equipment reserved. If you know that you are going to be late due to circumstances that are beyond your control, please contact our office immediately.
- Damaged or missing equipment will be assessed for repair or replacement and a charge will be made to your department.
- If it is determined upon receipt of equipment that there was obviously willful and/or deliberate abuse of the equipment, your department will be billed for the full replacement value of the item, regardless of the age or condition of the damaged equipment. It is also grounds for loss of checkout privileges.
- Please note, if equipment is 2 weeks past due with no notice, the full replacement cost of the equipment will be charged to your department and you will lose equipment loan privileges for up to one year.
AV Equipment Inventory:
If you would like to see more equipment available for loan, please contact our offices at 804-828-2227 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We greatly appreciate your feedback.