Software Description: MATLAB® is a high-level language and interactive environment that enables you to perform computationally intensive tasks faster than with traditional programming languages such as C, C++, and Fortran.
Access from Windows, Mac or Linux
Cost: No charge
- MATLAB Overview
- MATLAB License Info
- Use MATLAB on the App2Go Server
- Manuals & Training
- Support & Consultation
- Purchase a Personal Copy of MATLAB
MATLAB, Simulink and some MATLAB Toolboxes are available to current VCU students, faculty and staff on the App2Go Server. MATLAB is a numerical computing environment and fourth generation programming language. Developed by The MathWorks, MATLAB allows matrix manipulation, plotting of functions and data, implementation of algorithms, creation of user interfaces, and interfacing with programs in other languages. Although it is numeric only, an optional toolbox uses the MuPAD symbolic engine, allowing access to computer algebra capabilities. An additional package, Simulink, adds graphical multidomain simulation and Model-Based Design for dynamic and embedded systems.
MATLAB License Information
The following MATLAB modules are available on the App2Go Server:
- MATLAB (5 copies)
- Communications Toolbox (5 copies)
- Control System Toolbox (4 copies)
- Image Processing Toolbox (5 copies)
- Neural Network Toolbox (5 copies)
- Optimization Toolbox (5 copies)
- RF Toolbox (5 copies)
- Signal Processing Toolbox (5 copies)
- Simulink (5 copies)
- Statistics Toolbox (5 copies)
- Symbolic Math Toolbox ( 5 copies)
- System Identification Toolbox (5 copies)
- Wavelet Toolbox (5 copies)
Using a Windows, Mac or Linux computer, you are able to access MATLAB via a browser window. Although MATLAB runs on the App2Go Server, it appears to be running on your PC. You can open, save and print files from your PC. Applications on the App2Go server are available to support research projects and are not intended for instructional use.
Current VCU faculty, staff and students may request an App2Go account to access MATLAB on the App2Go Server for research. Documentation on how to use of the App2Go Server will provide you details such as system requirements, installation, opening files, saving files and printing.
Note: When MATLAB is running, to display all available Toolboxes, select File, Set Path.
- For assistance with using MATLAB on the App2Go server, contact the VCU helpIT Center.
- MATLAB Central- an open exchange community for the MATLAB and Simulink user community
This article was last updated on Thursday, September 20, 2012 .