Software Description: Tool for Mathematics and Modeling
Platform: Windows, Mac, Linux
Cost: Free installation on VCU students and employees owned/leased PCs and on VCU owned/leased PCs.
For VCU Owned or Faculty/Staff Owned Workstations:
- Download Maple 18 - Win 64
- Download Maple 18 - Win 32
- Download Maple 18 - Mac
- Request Maple 18 for Linux: 64-bit
- Request Maple 18 for Linux: 32-bit
For Student Owned Workstations:
Whether you need to do quick calculations, develop design sheets, teach fundamental concepts, or produce sophisticated high-fidelity simulation Maple is the essential technical computing software for today’s engineers, mathematicians, and scientists.
VCU Humanities and Sciences has a University wide license for Maple.
Maple obtained under this VCU site license may be used:
- For VCU related research and instruction
- By VCU employees and students on University owned/leased computers
- By VCU employees on personally owned computers
- By currently enrolled VCU students on their personally owned computers
Under this cross platform license, an unlimited number of copies of Maple can be running at any time.
Maple versions available under this license are:
- Maple for Windows XP /VISTA/Windows 7/Windows 8
- Maple for Mac X 10.6 or later
- Maple for Linux: Redhat, SUSE or Ubuntu
Maple: Systems Requirements
This software is provided to the VCU community 'as is' as a courtesy by the VCU College of Humanities & Sciences. All support is provided the vendor.
Sign up for Maple-L listserv
LISTSERV subscribers receive notifications of Mathematica upgrades and maintenance fixes, times to renew Mathematica licenses, Mathematica training opportunities, etc.
To subscribe to the VCU MAPLE-L click on:
Note: Participation in this list is limited to VCU email accounts.