Data Access and Reporting
Data Access and Reporting implements and supports business intelligence and decision support technology.
- Banner Operational Data Store (ODS) provides secured access to Banner data transformed to facilitate reporting. The ODS has been customized with additional data and transformations to support Census activity.
- VCU Reporting Center, developed using SAS Enterprise Business Intelligence which includes the Information Delivery Portal, Web Report Studio, Enterprise Guide, OLAP Server, Microsoft Office Integration and Metadata Management.
- Person Database provides a single row perspective of students, employees, affiliates and the VCU Health System. The Person Database provides data to systems such as Blackboard, Email, Parking and Telecommunications.
- Data Extraction using the ODS to provide data to VCUCard, Recreational Sports, Student Health, STIX, eDirectory, University Libraries, Career Center and T.O.P.E.M.
- VCUID Number System provides a unique identifier for students, employees, affiliates and the VCU Health System to reduce the use of Social Security Number.
- Banner Eprint provides access to static PDF reports secured by Banner security classes and value based security.
- Legacy Eprint provides access to static PDF reports from the legacy administrative systems; access is controlled using separately assigned ID's.
Suggested reading for Data Access and Reporting
Top articles in this section:
This article was updated: 08/18/2015