Machine Captioning (70%-80% Accuracy)
For Mechanical Captions (Automated Speech Recognition - 75% Accuracy), all you need to do is add the tag “CaptionASR” to your video. To do this:
Login to Kaltura
1. Go to My Media.
2. Find the video you would like captioned.
3. Click Edit for the video.
4. Enter the text "CaptionASR" into the Tags field.
5. Click Save.
6. Your automatic captioning request will be placed into the machine’s queue and will be available based on the order in which it was received. This will take anywhere from 5 minutes to several hours.
Human Captioning (99% Accuracy) - For 2-pass Human Captioning, the rate is $110 per video hour.
To request Human Captioning:
1. Go to My Media and locate the video you want captioned.
2. Click on the title of the video.
3. Beneath the video, click the Actions dropdown menu.
4. Select Order Captions.
This automatically creates a ServiceDesk ticket to the Learning Systems Team. Your request will be reviewed and you will receive an email from ServiceDesk requesting a Banner Index Code for billing. Once your Banner Index Code is received by the Learning Systems Team, your captioning request will be sent for processing.