- SAS® for Teaching/Research
- SAS Training
Learn SAS® by watching videos online, downloading lectures, or working with a web-based interactive tool.
1. SAS® e-Learning Modules
SAS e-Learning modules are interactive tutorials that are hosted on the SAS® e-Learning website. They allow you to learn basic, intermediate, and advanced SAS® concepts and skills. The following SAS® e-Learning modules are available at no cost to current VCU students, faculty, and staff:
- SAS® Programming 1: Essentials (released 2014)
- SAS® Programming 2: Data Manipulation Techniques
- SAS® Programming 3: Advanced Techniques and Efficiencies (released 2015)
- SAS® SQL 1: Essentials
- SAS® Macro Language 1: Essentials
- SAS® Macro Language 2: Advanced Techniques
- Statistics 1: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression
- Rapid Predictive Modeling for Business Analysts (EM 7.1)
- Predictive Modeling Using Logistic Regression (released June 2016)
- Applied Analytics Using SAS® Enterprise Miner(TM) (EM 14.1) (released June 2017)
- Creating Reports and Graphs with SAS® Enterprise Guide® (EG 6.1)
- Creating Reports and Graphs with SAS® Enterprise Guide® (EG 7.1)
- SAS® Enterprise Guide® 1: Querying and Reporting (EG 5.1)
- SAS® Enterprise Guide® 1: Querying and Reporting (EG 6.1)
- SAS® Enterprise Guide® 1: Querying and Reporting (EG 7.1)
- SAS® Enterprise Guide® 2: Advanced Tasks and Querying (EG 5.1)
- SAS® Enterprise Guide® 2: Advanced Tasks and Querying (EG 6.1)
- SAS® Enterprise Guide® 2: Advanced Tasks and Querying (EG 7.1)
- SAS® Enterprise Guide®: ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression (EG 5.1)
- SAS® Enterprise Guide®: ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression (EG 7.1)
Current VCU students, faculty, and staff can setup FREE access to these SAS® e-Learning modules by using the VCU activation code. Visit VCU SAS e-Learning Activation Code and provide the requested information. An email will be sent to you with the activation code, along with instructions for creating a SAS profile and activating the modules.
After you have created a SAS profile and activated the SAS e-Learning modules, you can access the modules at any time by visiting the SAS e-Learning website.
2. SAS® Help Videos
- A series of web-based help videos for learning SAS®, created by VCU's Dr. Ed Boone.
3. UCLA Introduction to SAS® web-based tutorial (includes movies)
- UCLA's website provides information on many topics in Statistics, including tutorial and movies on SAS® learning.
4. SAS® TALKS Webinars
- SAS® TALKS is a Webinar series featuring technical presentations by SAS® experts. Topics include:
- Introduction to Creating Multi-Sheet Microsoft Excel Workbooks the Easy Way with SAS®
- Getting Started with ODS Statistical Graphics
- Modifying ODS Statistical Graphics Templates in SAS 9.2
- An Introduction to SAS/IML Studio 9.2
Instructor-Led SAS® Classes at VCU
1. VCU Technology Services' Short Courses on SAS®
- VCU's Technology Services offers four different short courses taught in 3.5 hour sessions to introduce the SAS® programming language.
- SAS® Overview
- SAS® Data Management *
- SAS® File Management *
- SAS® Reporting *
- View for upcoming classes:
* Higher level classes require some prior experience using SAS® (such as that learned by taking the SAS® Overview course).
Note: The entire series is typically offered once a semester. Sign up early to reserve your seat. As classes do fill up, please be respectful -- show up if you reserved a seat; if you cannot make it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that someone else may attend.
2. VCU Semester courses that include teaching SAS
SAS Institute Training
SAS Consulting Services
The department of Statistical Sciences and Operations Research provides a variety of consulting services through The Statistics and Analytics Consulting Lab (SACL).
This article was updated: 06/20/2017