How do I encrypt my email?
You should never send sensitive information (including attachments), such as but not limited to personally identifiable information, passwords, student educational records, or health information via plain text email. When sensitive data must be sent over email, you should always encrypt the transmission of the data.
The following article from VCU Collaboration Services provides instructions on how to send secure email via our Lotus Notes email software:
Using Gmail? No problem! Please take a look at the following article for detailed instructions on how to send secure and encrypted emails using Gmail.
This article was updated: 07/9/2013
Suggested reading for Information Security
Top articles in this section:
- How do I prevent identity theft?
- Information Security Best Practices
- Request a Risk Assessment
- What is Phishing and how do I protect myself against it?
- How do I encrypt my email?
- Information Security Responsibilities
- Online Information Security Awareness Training
- Other Resources
- Report a Security Incident
- Request a Vulnerability Scan