Microsoft Enrollment For Education Solutions
The Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES) program, formerly known as the Microsoft Campus Agreeement, provides Microsoft Office and Windows software titles as well as future upgrades at no cost to departments for VCU owned computers. For installation on personally owned machines, there is no additional cost for students and highly favorable pricing for faculty and staff. The Microsoft EES program covers the latest versions of Microsoft Office for both Windows and Apple computers. The latest version of all editions of the Microsoft Windows operating system is available as an upgrade from any previous version of Windows operating system. Microsoft Windows is also available for the Apple OS X operating system which allows Windows to run on Apple computers.
Students may download these software titles at no cost as part of their Student Technology Fee. Students have a permanent license to the version of the software they installed prior to leaving VCU. Faculty and staff may also download these titles for their personal computers at cost of $9.75 per software title. Faculty and staff only have rights to use this software while they are employed by VCU. Physical media is available for a additional fee to that covers shipping and handling. Those wishing to install this software on their VCU owned computer must contact their departmental technical staff to do so. Read on for more information about how to take advantage of the Microsoft EES program.
When you select a product for download, it and the key are visible for 30 days, after which the access expires.
Be sure to save your downloads and keys for future needs such as transferring to a new computer or if your operating system and applications need to be reloaded.
If you want more access time beyond 30 days, you can purchase this up front for $5.95 which provides two full years additional access or, reinstate it for 60 days for an $11.95 fee if you do not opt for extended two year access initially. Physical DVD copies are available for a fee as well.”
How to get Microsoft Windows and Office from and for VCU
- Microsoft Windows 7 Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 8.1 are a free download for registered VCU students.
- Microsoft Office 2010 and Office 2013 for Windows and Office 2011 for Mac are also free downloads for students.
- The license is good, even after you leave VCU.
- Only one license of each title per student.
Faculty and Staff personal use
- Microsoft Windows 7 Pro, Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 8 are available to faculty and staff for personal and work at home use for a $9.75 download fee.
- Microsoft Office 2010 and Office 2013 for Windows and Office 2011 for Mac are available to faculty and staff for personal and work at home use for a $9.75 download fee.
- The license is vaild as long as you remain at VCU.
- Only one license of each title available per employee.
VCU Offices, Classrooms and Labs
- The Microsoft Windows and Office products listed above are available to departmental support technicians for installation on office, classroom, and lab computers.
- Until a formal distribution is set up, the volume license versions of Windows and Office along with KMS activation information is available by contacting Buddy Bishop in VCU Technology Services - email@example.com
- Microsoft products other than Windows and Office for use at VCU
- Additional titles such as Visio, Project, etc. are not covered by the Microsoft ESS program and individual seat licenses for these must be purchased separately.
More information and support
- For general and additional information please contact the VCU helpIT Center at 828-2227
- The Microsoft ESS program does not extend to the VCU Hospital as they have their own agreement in place.
This article was updated: 03/28/2014