Blackboard is a Web-based course-management system designed to allow students and faculty to participate in classes delivered online or use online materials and activities to complement face-to-face teaching. Blackboard enables instructors to provide students with course materials, discussion boards, virtual chat, online quizzes, an academic resource center, and more. The degree to which Blackboard is used in a course varies. Instructors may supplement an on-campus class by putting their syllabus and handouts on their course sites. In contrast, other courses may be conducted entirely through Blackboard, without any on-campus sessions.
If you can not find the answer to your questions from the Blackboard Help links on this page; please email firstname.lastname@example.org, call the VCU TS helpIT Center at (804) 828-2227, or submit a help ticket by going to http://go.vcu.edu/helpIT. A support staff member will then contact you as soon as possible.
This article was updated: 03/6/2014
Suggested reading for Blackboard 9.1
Top articles in this section:
- Blackboard 9.1
- Add a Module
- Edit Course Order on the "My Courses" View (#4820)
- Add Users to an Organization (#4208)
- Adding an Instructor to Another Instructor’s Bb Course Policy
- Additional Help (#4762)
- Android Installation and FAQs
- Apple Installation and FAQs
- Attachments "Jumbled" when Sent from Bb Email
- Auto-Submit Option in a Test Not Auto Submitting