- Essential computing
- Information Security
- Training and Awareness
- Self-Serve Training: Security Awareness
Security Awareness Training
As an employee of the Virginia Commonwealth University, you are required to complete the VCU Information Security Awareness training on an annual basis. The Online Information Security Awareness training will provide you with knowledge and tips on how to protect yourself and the organization from cyber threats such as viruses and email scams.
To register and access this training, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the Login to Blackboard button at http://blackboard.vcu.edu and login with your assigned eID
- Click on the "Courses & Organizations" tab and in the "Course Search" box type in "VCU Information Security Awareness Training", click on "Go".
- At the "Browse Course Catalog" page, hover your mouse over the CourseID showing "TRAIN-SECURITY-001-2012Continuous" and click on the "down arrow" and choose the "Enroll" option to enroll in the training course.
- At the Self Enrollment confirmation screen, click on the "Submit button" to confirm enrollment.
- You will receive a confirmation screen similar to the screen shown below. You can click on the OK button at the bottom of the page to directly access the training course.
- Once registered in the course (by following steps 1-5), you can access the course by clicking on the "My Blackboard tab" and click on the "VCU Information Security Awareness Training" course under the "My Courses" section.
For any questions regarding the training material, please contact Information Security Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with Blackboard, please contact the VCU IT Support Center at (804) 828 - 2227.
This article was updated: 12/9/2016