Configuration Steps - Google Apps for Android
Uninstall Lotus Notes Traveler
Navigate to Settings > Security > Device administrators > Deactivate.
(If you have a version of Traveler prior to 8.5.3, you will need to complete this step. If it is 8.5.3+, go to the next step)Navigate to Installer > Lotus Traveler > Uninstall application > Uninstall application? > OK > Uninstalling > Uninstall Finished > OK
Navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Notes Traveler > Uninstall > Uninstall application? > OK > Uninstalling > Uninstall finished > OK
Now select Notes Installer > Uninstall > Uninstall application? > OK > Uninstalling > Uninstall finished > OK
Follow these instructions to set up your VCU email on your Android device:
To use the native Google Apps mail, contacts, and calendar apps on your Android, you need to sign in to your Google Apps account. You only have to do this once:
- Touch Settings > Add account > Google to add your Google Apps account.
- Select Existing and enter your username (eID@vcu.edu) and password.Touch OK to agree to the Terms of Service. The device will sign in to your domain.
- You may be presented with additional steps giving you the option to join Google+, opt in to Google Play communications, or set up a credit card to purchase Google Play media. You can choose to set these up or touch Not now.
- After completing these steps, you should see Account sign-in successful. You can choose which services you want to sync to the device. That's it! You can now use Google Apps from your Android. Just launch Gmail, Google Calendar, or whichever app you want to use. And going forward, you can change which services can sync with Google Apps on your device at any time by going to Settings > Google > touch your account. If a service you've selected isn't syncing, check with your administrator to make sure that that service has been enabled for your domain.
This article was updated: 05/5/2014
Suggested reading for Lotus Notes at VCU
Top articles in this section:
- RSS Feeds
- Request a Name Change for your Email Account
- Components of the Calendar
- Synchronizing Your Personal Address Book
- Hyperlinks, Mailto links, Document links and Database links
- Mail File Cleanup
- Accessing Your Archive in VCU Mail Anywhere
- Accessing Your Mail from Another User's Workstation
- Account Policies
- Adding a Google Calendar's Entries to your Notes Calendar