Configuration Steps - Google Apps for Android
Uninstall Lotus Notes Traveler
Navigate to Settings > Location & Security > Select device administrators > Deactivate.
(If you have a version of Traveler prior to 8.5.3, you will need to complete this step. If it is 8.5.3+, go to the next step)Navigate to Installer > Lotus Traveler > Uninstall application > Uninstall application? > OK > Uninstalling > Uninstall Finished > OK
Navigate to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Notes Traveler > Uninstall > Uninstall application? > OK > Uninstalling > Uninstall finished > OK
Now select Notes Installer > Uninstall > Uninstall application? > OK > Uninstalling > Uninstall finished > OK
Follow these instructions to set up your VCU email on your Android device:
To use the native Google Apps mail, contacts, and calendar apps on your Android, you need to sign in to your Google Apps account. You only have to do this once:
1. Open the Accounts & sync Settings screen on your device. You can do this in Contacts by pressing Menu and pressing Accounts, or directly in the Settings application. The Accounts & sync settings screen displays your current sync settings and a list of your current accounts.
2. Touch Add account.
3. Touch Google to add your Google Apps account.
4. Touch Sign in when prompted for your Google Account.
5. Enter your full Google Apps email address as your username (your eID@vcu.edu, and then enter your eID password.
Note: If you've enabled 2-step verification, you need to enter an application-specific password instead of your password the first time you sign in to your Android.
6. Select which services you'd like to sync. That's it! You can now use Google Apps from your Android. Just launch Gmail, Google Calendar, or whichever app you want to use, from your device's home or applications screen
This article was updated: 06/26/2013
Suggested reading for Lotus Notes at VCU
Top articles in this section:
- RSS Feeds
- Request a Name Change for your Email Account
- Components of the Calendar
- Synchronizing Your Personal Address Book
- Hyperlinks, Mailto links, Document links and Database links
- Mail File Cleanup
- Accessing another's Mail, Calendar or other Database
- Accessing Your Archive in VCU Mail Anywhere
- Accessing your Calendar