Blackboard FAQs Guide (#3694)
The new Blackboard FAQs (askIT) are organized into these main categories:
- Policies - Describes Learning Systems policy dealing with particular Blackboard issues
- Getting Started - Helps users get started with log-in, eID and password information, creating courses, uploading documents, as well as resources for further assistance
- Known Issues - Includes all Blackboard problems that have come to the attention of the Learning Systems group. This list is posted to inform users of these issues, possible work-arounds, and any plans that Blackboard, Inc. may have to fix the issue in the future.
- Course Management - Answers commonly asked questions related to Course Management (Grade Center, Tests, Assignments, etc.)
- Content System (BbCMS)- Helps with the basics of how to use the Content Management System (CMS), including how to upload items and how to share your items with others
- Organization Management- Answers commonly asked questions related to Organization Management.
- Additional Help- Informs users where and how to get additional help using Blackboard and any other system that the Learning Systems group manages (i.e., SafeAssign, Lessonbuilder, Lon-Capa)
- Tip Sheets/Videos - Provided step-by-step instruction on how to do certain things or user certain features in Blackboard.
- Guides - PDF files of the Faculty and Student Guides are provided.
If you have any suggestions for new Blackboard FAQs or Tips Sheets that should be added, please put in a request to one of the following:
Phone: (804) 828-2227
Help Ticket: http://go.vcu.edu/helpIT
This article was updated: 05/16/2011