Web Content Management (#957)
Web Content Management System (Open Text CMS)
VCU uses Open Text for its web content management system (CMS). At its most basic level, a CMS is used for building and maintaining large amounts of Web content. A CMS provides a centralized location for website content and assets (images, non-HTML files); creates archives and versions of content and most importantly, allows non-technical users to easily enter, update, and publish content to websites.
In order to use Open Text CMS, the user must have the following:
- A VCU website with content (site size does not matter)
- FTP account to the web server that site publishes to
- A VCU eID
- Depending on your department, there may be financial requirements (find out more).
- Contact Vicki Mallonee to create a new account
- Portal = https://webcms.vcu.edu/cms/
- Use eID and password to login
For more information on how to use Open Text visit the Open Text CMS askIT Knowledge Base section of the this website.
Submit a Help Desk Ticket
This article was updated: 01/24/2013