Course/Organization Management (#4759)
Overall, a course and an organization have the same functions.
A Course vs. An Organization
- Faculty can create their own courses. Users must enter a helpIT ticket to request that an organization be created.
- Only Faculty and Staff can request that an organization be created. If a students needs an organizations created, (s)he must include a faculty members eID in the request to be enrolled as a "Co-Leader" before the request can be processed.
- Users are automatically populated into a course, whereas, users must manually enroll their own members to their organization.
- The roles in a course have different names than the roles in an organization. For example, an Instructor in a course is called a Leader in an organization. However, they have the same privileges.
- Courses are automatically archived after 2 years and kept on the archive system for 3 years. Organizations are not deleted unless specifically requested via a helpIT ticket.
- Organizations cannot be merged/cross-listed, whereas, different sections of a course can be merged into one course.