Atomic @ VCU User Guide (#4751)
Atomic Learning is an online technology training and professional development tool recently acquired by VCU and accessed through Atomic @ VCU. As easy as the tool is to use, you may still have questions about specific funtions within the system. This tutorial series will help answer some of your questions.
- Login to Atomic @ VCU
- Using the Site/User Interface
- Using Features of a Training Page
- Navigating the Movie Playback Window - Tutorial Interface
- Working with My Training - A Personal Folder
- Accessing 21st Century Skills - Future Trends
- Using the Extras - iPad, Video Techniques, Storyboarding
If you are a registered student, a faculty member or an employee at VCU, you will be able to access the Atomic Learning on-demand technology training and professional development tool through Atomic @ VCU.
To access Atomic Learning:
- Go to the Atomic Learning @ VCU homepage.
- Click the Atomic @ VCU Login button.
- Enter your VCU eID and password.
Learn how to navigate around the Atomic Learning homepage and become familiar with the available training resources.
- Understanding the user interface
- Finding an answer to a specific question
- Using filters with your search
- Browsing available training
- Tips on browsing available training
- Setting your preferences
- Getting started tips
- Viewing and printing your own reports
The Training Page will provide you with the list of tutorials associated with the application or presentation selected. Learn how to navigate around the page and add tutorials to your favorites list.
- Navigating through a training series or project
- Assigning training to yourself
- Generating HTML to add training to a Web page
The Movie Playback Window opens when you begin playing a tutorial. Learn how to access tutorials sequentially or randomly from the Movie Playback Window.
You are able to quickly access tutorials through your My Training folder. Learn how to add, delete and mange your My Training folder.
- Overview of the My Training section
- Adding & removing tutorials in the Favorites list
- Adding preferred training
The 21st Century Skills Concepts provides a series of tutorials developed to introduce you to the tools and resources that will enable your own professional development and assist you in transforming your own classroom.
- Viewing the 21st Century Skills Concepts series
- Viewing the 21st Century Skills projects
- Using the Professional Development workbook
Learn how to add Atomic Learning to your iPad home screen, review techniques on how to improve your video storytelling and storyboarding skills.
This article was updated: 02/27/2012