With the integration of technology into our every day lives, we are faced with new threats against the security and privacy of our information. In order to prevent the loss and theft of our information, we must realize a Shared Responsibility, and collectively protect ourselves from these threats.
VCU is committed to protecting information resources that are critical to its academic and research mission. Protection may be governed by legal, contractual, financial, or University considerations. VCU is equally committed to preserving an environment that encourages academic and research collaboration through the responsible use of information technology resources.
The mission of the VCU Information Security Management Program is to provide and foster an environment that will secure and maintain the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information technology resources that are central to the University's mission critical operations of education, research, service and administration.
Suggested reading for Information Security
Top articles in this section:
- Online Information Security Awareness Training
- What is Phishing and how do I protect myself against it?
- How do I encrypt my email?
- Information Security Best Practices
- Other Resources
- Report a Security Incident
- Information Security Responsibilities
- Microsoft Windows
- Request a Security Training Session
- How do I prevent identity theft?