VCU Technology Services has a site license agreement with IBM, Inc., which allows currently enrolled/employed VCU students, faculty, and staff to use several popular SPSS products for Microsoft Windows, Apple Macintosh, and Linux, at no cost.
SPSS products obtained under the site license can be installed for free for VCU teaching and research use ONLY on computers owned by VCU and the VCUHS or owned by current VCU students, faculty, and staff.
SPSS licensing for administrative use may be purchased at a reduced rate through our site license agreement. Please contact the helpIT Center for assistance.
For more information concerning the permitted installation and use of the SPSS products, please see Conditions of License.
SPSS Products are also available for use via the web on the App2Go Server and on all VCU Library workstations and loaner laptops.
The SPSS products listed below are available for installation on the Windows, Macintosh, and Linux platforms, and they are available for use on the App2Go Server:
IBM SPSS Advanced Statistics
IBM SPSS Amos (not available for install on personally owned computers)
IBM SPSS Bootstrapping
IBM SPSS Categories
IBM SPSS Complex Samples
IBM SPSS Conjoint
IBM SPSS Custom Tables
IBM SPSS Data Preparation
IBM SPSS Decision Trees
IBM SPSS Direct Marketing
IBM SPSS Exact Tests
IBM SPSS Forecasting
IBM SPSS Missing Values
IBM SPSS Neural Networks
IBM SPSS Regression
VCU does not license all SPSS products.
The IBM SPSS products obtained under in the new VCU site license are subject to all of the following conditions:
- Installation and licensing is limited to computers owned by:
- VCU or the VCUHS.
- Students currently enrolled at VCU.
- Faculty and staff currently employed by VCU or the VCUHS.
- Usage is limited to:
- Currently enrolled VCU students
- Current VCU and VCUHS employees
- Usage is limited to VCU related teaching and non-commercial academic research. Non-commercial academic research means research by degree seeking students and faculty members where (i) the results of such research are not intended primarily for the benefit of a third party; (ii) such results are made available to anyone without restriction on use, copying or further distribution; and (iii) any copy of any such result is furnished for no more than the cost of hosting, reproduction, and shipping. Any other use, including, but not limited to, university administration and operations, is strictly prohibited. In particular, the following are prohibited:
- VCU administrative use
- VCUHS administrative use
- VAMC use.
- All installations must be registered.
- When your status as current VCU or VCUHS employee or student ends, you must immediately uninstall IBM SPSS products from all computers owned by you on which they had been installed.
- You may NOT resell this license and/or the products it covers.
R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics. You may obtain a copy of R for your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer.
R modules can be run from SPSS to provide additional methods of analysis within PASW.